Terms and conditions
Applicability of the Terms & Conditions
Any use of our website and/or services, as a website visitor, a guest or a host, constitutes an agreement to all terms and conditions and warrants that users understand, agree to and accept all terms and conditions contained here.
Local Heroes on the platform and guests using the platform are in compliance with the Wimbify Code of Conduct, part of these Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Definitions
In the present Terms & Conditions, these terms are used and defined as follows:
LOCAL HEROES (host/partner):
Local Heroes are the suppliers of Wimbify offerings. Wimbify Local Heroes are defined as such when their profile appears online on the platform and they can receive bookings via Wimbify.
Guests are the customers of Wimbify, using the platform to make a reservation or communicate with Local Heroes.
Wimbify is a brand of Sonders&Beach, a company registered in Italy, Milan Via San Gregorio 27 – 20124 Italy – Vat #05592970965.
Reservations (for Guests)
All reservations made via Wimbify are automatically transferred to the host requested.
Instant Confirmation means that the reservation will be automatically confirmed at the time and date chosen and with the requested host. This does not prevent Wimbify from requesting a change of host, time or date.
On Request bookings are subject to the host confirmation based on their availability or the one of the activity or tickets when relevant. Guests are committing to their payment, and Wimbify guarantees that the reservation will be either confirmed or denied within 72 hours.
A reservation is only valid when confirmed by Wimbify via e-mail.
Guests making a reservation with Wimbify understand our cancellation policy.
Reservations (for Local Heroes)
All reservations made by guests via Wimbify engage the Local Heroes to providing the service booked.
Local Heroes understand that cancellations and transfers have a negative impact on guests satisfaction and will affect their performance on the platform.
Wimbify Local Heroes are made aware of the cancellation policy.
When making a reservation, you have to pay the full amount in advance. In this case you pay us the full amount stated on the website which is paid to the host, within 72 hours after the reserved event has taken place in a satisfactory manner, while deducting the Wimbify fee payable by the host. As a traveler no additional payments are needed; when the reservation is confirmed by us, all payments are done.
Wimbify will facilitate the payment as a commercial agent on behalf of the host. Therefore, by accepting this Terms & Conditions, the host enters into an agreement with Wimbify determining that Wimbify is authorized to negotiate or conclude the sale of the services provided by the host on behalf of the host.
Once you (being the guest) have made the payment, you have discharged your payment obligation, i.e. there is final settlement of the host’s claim on you as a guest.
We provide services to our Local Heroes and therefore we treat the host as our legal customer. We will invoice the host. On this invoice we will state our details, any applicable taxes and details of the service(s) provided by the host to the traveler. As a host you are responsible for providing the traveler with any documentation and/or invoice needed in compliance with the applicable tax law(s).
It’s a host’s sole responsibility to determine which taxes are applicable and required to comply with the applicable local tax law and pay any corresponding taxes. These taxes can include, but are not limited to, taxes such as value added taxes, surcharges, sales taxes, personal or corporate income taxes imposed or any other taxes which are levied upon reservations made through our website or the payment thereof. Local Heroes represent and warrant that they will pay such taxes in time and in compliance with the applicable tax law.
Wimbify content may not be used or copied without explicit authorization from Wimbify. All text, graphics, editorial content, data, formatting, graphs, designs, HTML, look and feel, photographs, music, sounds, images, software, videos, designs, typefaces and other content (collectively “Proprietary Material”) on this website is owned by Wimbify, or is used with the owner’s permission. This Proprietary Material is protected in all forms, media and technologies. Users may not copy, download, use, redesign, reconfigure, or retransmit anything from this website without Wimbify’ prior written permission.
Quality of information
While we do our utmost best to verify the quality of the events hosted by our Local Heroes, we cannot guarantee these are flawless and neither can we guarantee that all content on our website is without errors. In the event of misleading representation or misconduct on our website or in the framework of the events held by Local Heroes through our website and/or services, we may decide, in our sole discretion, to credit the traveler with a refund for the reservation amount paid or part thereof and charge the host with this amount. No action of us may be construed as accepting any liability other than as mentioned herein.
When rendering our service, the information we disclose is based on the information provided to us by the Local Heroes. Although we will use reasonable skill and care in performing our service and verify (most of) the Local Heroes we cannot guarantee that all information is accurate, complete and/or correct. Each host remains responsible at all times for the accuracy, completeness and correctness of the (descriptive) information displayed on our platform.
Therefore, use your own best judgment when using any of the services provided by our Local Heroes. Not with standing the foregoing, we, including without limitation any content, data and any information related here to, is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis, without any warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of use, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use.
Wimbify does not warrant that this website and/or our services will be uninterrupted or error-free. It may correct, modify, amend, enhance, improve and make any other changes to the website and services at any time or discontinue displaying or providing any content or features without a notice to any user.
We do our very best to make sure all the information we provide you is 100% correct. However, as we are human beings too, errors are made. We hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to the use of our website and/or services, including, but not limited to the availability, reliability, or quality of our website and services, the events distributed through us, including the nature and quality of the events, and is not and shall not be responsible for any error, fault or mistake of any and all content and information received through our users , including by Local Heroes or travelers. We do not endorse any entity, product or service mentioned in any user generated content available on our website.
Wimbify’ responsibility is limited to facilitating the availability of our website, application and services. The participation in any of the events hosted by the Local Heroes is at your own risk. Wimbify’ liability for damages shall be limited to the amount paid by guests. Except as provided herein, in no event shall Wimbify be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind, whether in an action of negligence or other tortuous actions resulting from or arising out of participation in any of the events hosted by the Local Heroes.
Issues and Complaints
We’ll assist you in case of issues or complaints where possible. In case of a complaint about, or issue with the platform, app or services, please contact Wimbify to resolve the problem. In case of a complaint about an event you agree to contact Wimbify within 1 day after the complaint has arisen and you agree to cooperate with and assist Wimbify in good faith. You also agree to provide Wimbify with such information and take such actions as may be reasonably requested by Wimbify. As a host you agree that in case of a no show or dissatisfactory deviations in the event caused by you, the guest will be refunded and you won’t receive payment. As a guest you understand that in case of a no show or no completion of/interruptions during the event caused by you, you as a guest are responsible for any damages up to the amount paid.
In case of any damage claims or other complaints related to the event exceeding the amount paid, Wimbify will mediate in finding a reasonable solution between traveler and host.
Any claim or complaint against Wimbify in respect of the service must be promptly submitted, but in any event within 14 days after the reserved event has taken place. Any claim or complaint that is submitted after the 14 days period, may be rejected and the claimant shall forfeit his/her right to any (damage or cost) compensation.
To the extent permitted by law, these T&C’s and the provision of our services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Italy law and any and all dispute arising out of these T&C’s and our services shall exclusively be submitted to the competent Court in Milan, Italy.
Code of Conduct for Wimbify Local Heroes
Wimbify Local Heroes are expected to adhere to and respect the Wimbify Local Heroes Code of Conduct. The Wimbify Local Heroes Code of Conduct contains quality standards as well as basic requirements for hosting.
I. Quality Standards
Host quality at Wimbify is defined by the following standards:
Passionate Local Heroes are the heart of Wimbify. Our promise to travelers is to offer them a unique experience, led by Local Heroes that are passionate about the topic of the experience, have a personal connection to it, and deep knowledge of it.
As a host, you are expected to communicate this passion with your guests:
• Know your topics in depth, extra research and preparation work can make a world of difference.
• Be fully present during the experience, for example avoid getting distracted by your mobile.
• Be open and reactive to the feedback you receive from guests and Wimbify.
Wimbify Local Heroes want to share the real soul of their city, offering an authentic experience to guests.
Provide an authentic experience by sharing a unique perspective, unveiling secret gems, providing unique access to your guests. Remember that guests booked you because they are looking to experience something they could not do by themselves!
Connecting cultures and people is our mission. Connect with your guests at all the steps of their Wimbify journey.
Before meeting the guests:
• Be available to reassure your guests and answer their questions. They might need some extra information, or simply reassurance that they picked the right host and experience.
• If any changes are necessary on the route or plan for the experience, communicate it clearly to your guests. Make sure that they are comfortable with the changes.
During the experience:
• Pay attention to your guests’ needs: specific groups (elderly, children, persons with disabilities) may need special care.
• Face your guests and make pauses when giving an explanation to make sure everyone in the group feels involved and engaged.
• Be mindful of cultural differences, remember that different people may expect different behaviors and have different sensitivities. Remain curious and keep an open mind.
After the experience:
• Following up on the experience and sharing extra information and tips with the guests can go a long way!
Not meeting these standards will result in an incompatibility to work as a Wimbify host.
II. Hosting requirements
The following requirements are minimum standards that Local Heroes must fulfill to keep a Wimbify profile. Any breach of these requirements will result in a performance breach and may lead in your removal from the platform.
Local Heroes are required to respect the following professional standards:
• Being available and reachable by both the guests and the office, in particular for any urgent or time sensitive issue, and around the time of a booking.
• Having an appropriate and professional presentation and outfit, respecting hygiene standards.
• Communicating with guests and Wimbify in a polite and respectful manner.
• Respecting the commitment that is a booking. Unforeseen situations can of course happen, but being late, cancelling or not showing up to a booking without informing your guests and without a valid reason is not acceptable.
• Avoiding any inappropriate behavior such as smoking during a tour.
Wimbify Local Heroes represent the Wimbify community, and are therefore expected to respect the following limitations:
• Wimbify tours should always be private. Unless specifically stated otherwise, or requested by Wimbify with the agreement of all parties, groups from different bookings cannot be mixed, and no other participants but the guests are allowed to join.
• Experiences must always be led by the host of the booking, Local Heroes should never send another person to fill in for a booking.
• Local Heroes must refrain from expressing negative feelings about Wimbify, or complaining about the company or any of its parties in front of the guests or on public platforms. All complaints and feedback should be addressed directly to the Wimbify team.
• Be mindful of your online presence and set your privacy settings accordingly. Keep in mind the Wimbify image when sharing your social profiles.
• Use the Wimbify platform genuinely to promote your profile and offer experiences to guests but refrain from using the Wimbify platform to conduct other business with guests (for example by trying to bypass the online booking system) or other Local Heroes.
• Remain impartial and keep a service mind and a calm temper when interacting with guests.
• Local Heroes should not solicit tips and do not discuss remuneration with guests.
Local Heroes commit to maintaining high standards of safety and security when providing a service to guests. The following standards apply:
• Wimbify Local Heroes should always avoid unsafe situations and assess tour activities for potential hazards or critical points.
• Informing guests of relevant safety procedures when necessary, keeping the relevant emergency numbers and being aware of the closest medical facilities is a must.
• Local Heroes must never be intoxicated on a tour/experience. Drinking alcohol is forbidden if wine or beer tastings are not included in the tour for guests (for example, Wine & Tapas tour).
In addition, Local Heroes commit to never purchasing an alcoholic drink for a minor.
• Possession or use of illegal drugs on tour will result in instant removal from Wimbify platform.
• Emotional or intimate involvement with any guest – whether real or perceived, and as assessed by Wimbify in its sole discretion, will lead to the instant removal from the platform. Wimbify Local Heroes are in a position of trust and are expected to act accordingly at all times while on a tour.
Local Heroes should never enter guests’ hotel rooms to avoid any possible misunderstandings or misinterpretations.
Code of Conduct for Wimbify Guests
Wimbify connects guests to local Local Heroes around the world, offers genuine experiences and builds bridges between cultures.
To ensure the connections created are mutually beneficial and respectful, any usage of the Wimbify platform must be in line with our Code of Conduct by which users agree:
1. To respect the professionalism of their local host
2. To not behave in an offensive, aggressive, threatening, harassing, racist or xenophobic nature, or with sexual connotations, inciting violence, discrimination or hatred towards their local host and surrounding people
3. To not to try to bypass the online booking system of the Platform and arrange a tour without booking it on the platform
4. To not contact a Wimbify host for a purpose other than:
– Arranging details of the booking for a Wimbify experience;
– Arranging details of the meeting with the host;
– Asking for local tips & advice
5. To respect local customs and rules & regulations
Wimbify Services to Guests
Wimbify is an online platform for travelers seeking to engage with locals all over the world to offer them the most outstanding eat experiences, tours and activities. We are a marketplace where demand (travelers) meets supply (local Local Heroes).
Through our website, travelers can book experiences, tours and activities with local Local Heroes all over the world.
By making a reservation through our platform, guests enter into a direct contractual relationship with the host with whom they make a reservation. From the point when the booking is made, Wimbify acts solely as an intermediary between the guest and the host. Wimbify is not a party to any agreement between the guest and the host and is not liable for any (attributable) failure to perform or other damages arising out of this relationship.
With every booking it is required that at least on person from 18 years or older is present during the experience.
Wimbify Services to Local Heroes
Wimbify is an online platform for locals seeking to engage with travelers from all over the world to offer them the most outstanding eat experiences, tours and activities. We are a marketplace where demand (travelers) meets supply (local Local Heroes).
Wimbify offers local Local Heroes and guides the possibility to offer tours and activities to guests via the platform (website and app) as well as through partnerships with other companies.
Wimbify promotes the host’s profile as well as offerings and help them succeed in their endeavor as a Wimbify host.